Can you spare an hour or two, a bed or comfy couch, give a ride or share some of your delicious cooking? We need your help ensure the success of the Timebanks USA Conference happening here in Madison, starting this Thursday through Saturday.
1. We have at least four more attendees from out of town who need a place to stay during the conference. One needs a place without cats. If you can share your home, youll earn timedollars, 8 a night. Contact Kris Moelter, the homestay coordinator at email@example.com.
2. We need members to give rides to and from the airport, especially Thursday afternoon and after the conference on Sat. and Sun. Lots of members will stay at the Concourse, and some will be a member homes. Sign up with our transportation coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Drivers are needed to share rides to the Taste of the Timebank on Friday evening. This is our galapotluck dinner and open mic, held at the Wis. Lutheran Chapel and Student Center, 220 W. Gilman St., just off State St. Val is pairing members needing rides with those who can offer them. Please contact her at email@example.com
4. We need you to come out and have some fun, while helping us welcome our national and international guests. Please join us at the Taste of the Timebank on Friday, June 26, 6-9 pm. Wis. Lutheran Chapel & Student Center at 220 W. Gilman St. Its a potluck dinner, open mic performance and share fair. BRING TWICE WHAT YOUD NORMALLY BRING TO A POTLUCK, PLEASE, SO WE CAN ALSO FEED OUR GUESTS. Anything will be great; appetizers and beverages are especially appreciated.
5. Lots of roles havent been filled for the conference, like registration desk assistance, note-takers, Spanish translation and more. Go to our Volunteer Spreadsheet (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=ridt55lHNE8RE6yzpWZlLMQ) to see what role you can play. Please fill in your name, email and phone where you can help out. Timedollars paid for all help.
6. If you are volunteering or would like to help, please attend the opening reception on Thursday, the 25th from 4 to 5 pm at the Concourse Hotel. You dont need to register for the conference to attend this reception. We plan to have the volunteers huddle and get all questions answered and bases covered.
7. Check out this unique opportunity if you are interested in youth, justice and/or racism at the State Capitol on Friday from 8:30 to 12:30. Its a hearing titled, Dismantling Structural Racism in Juvenile Justice and Child Welfare and you can learn more at http://tbusa.org/hearing/
Join the excitement of people who believe in the power of individuals to make a difference in the world at our conference: A Time for Justice, a Wealth of Opportunity. Check out the details at http://tbusaconference.org/
See you soon at the Concourse and/or the Lutheran Student Center!